I think we’re all pretty familiar with the mimosa by now. What if I told you there’s another orange drink perfect for brunch? Well, I’m about to do just that…and it’s called the Beermosa!
Recipe at a Glance
Time: 5 minutes
Notes: Use any orange flavored beer you like. Make this extra special by garnishing with snacks that pair well with beer!
Another fun name for this drink is a “Manmosa”. I prefer to call this a Beermosa because anyone can enjoy a mimosa and anyone can enjoy a Beermosa!
Ingredients for a Beermosa
Here’s what you need to get your brunch game on!
- Orange flavored beer. You can see here I used Blue Moon, but any orange flavored beer will do.
- Triple sec
- Fresh squeezed OJ. And yes, you really need fresh squeezed for this for the best flavor. Depending on how juicy the orange is, you’ll need about 1 orange per drink.
You will also need a cocktail shaker and beer glasses. These are the beer glasses I used. They were the perfect size for the full 12 fluid ounces of the beer plus the other ingredients!
Now it’s just as easy as shake, pour, enjoy!
Shake. Either add to the glass first and then pour into the cocktail shaker, or add directly to the cocktail shaker. Shake the orange juice, vodka, and triple sec with ice.
Pour. Now pour most of the beer into the glass. Then gently pour in the shaken orange juice mixture. Tilt the glass as you do this to avoid creating way too much foam.
Enjoy. Now just garnish with orange slices, pretzel bites, or even pigs in a blanket for that perfect Beermosa finishing touch!
I love the fun garnish on this. Just like a Bloody Mary has all sorts of snacky garnishes, a Beermosa definitely calls for a pretzel snack on the side!
More cocktail recipes
Want more drink inspo? Check out some other recipes here on the blog!Print
A fun orange beer based drink! Fresh squeezed orange juice combines with orange beer beer, vodka, and triple sec for a citrusy beer cocktail.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 beermosa
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
12 fluid ounces of orange flavored beer
2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce triple sec
1. To a cocktail shaker filled with a few ice cubes add the 2 ounces of fresh squeezed OJ, the vodka, and triple sec. Shake well.
2. Pour most of the beer into the beer glass, then gently (very gently) pour in the shaken OK mixture. You want to do this slowly and gently, tilting the beer glass as you pour. If you dump it in fast you’ll create a ton of head on the beer and no one wants that! Add in any remaining beer to fill the glass.
3. Garnish with orange slices and pretzels. Enjoy responsibly!