Greek Chicken Meatballs combine light and bright flavors of Greek cuisine in an easy to make meatball! Made with oregano, feta cheese, and lemon zest, these taste amazing dipped into a smooth cucumber sauce!
I love making meatballs. For me, they are such a super easy way to get a delicious and inspired dinner on the table with minimal effort! Just mix everything in a bowl, form your meatballs, then bake! Even though these are easy, they are anything but boring! And these aren’t just for dinner, they would be a great party snack too!
When I say I love meatballs, I’m not kidding. Take a look at some of my other meatball recipes you might want to save for dinner on a busy night!
Chicken Piccata Meatballs are a lemony ground chicken meatball served in a piccata sauce with fried capers! It’s light and bright and one of my most popular recipes. Serve them with pasta, potatoes, or even risotto!
Another one of my popular meatballs are these Chicken Parm Meatballs. If you love chicken Parmesan, these are a super easy way to enjoy all the cheesy and Italian flavors!
Want a meatball with Mexican inspired flavors? Got you covered! Taco Meatballs are seasoned with taco spices, chopped black beans, then rolled in toasted Panko or a little extra crunch.
Alright, let’s talk classic meatball. These all beef Easy Baked Meatballs use a ‘secret’ ingredient and method so you get the best, moist meatball that’s never dry and crumbly!
Last, but definitely not least, are Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. What football watching party would be complete without some hot sauce and chicken? With these you get all the flavor of Buffalo chicken without the messy fingers and bones.
And my newest creation, these Curry Chicken Meatballs!
Here’s what you need to have to make these Greek chicken meatballs!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Usually the only things I have to buy are the ground chicken and the feta cheese. The rest of the ingredients I typically always have on hand!
And to make the cucumber yogurt sauce:
- 2 5.3 oz containers plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
Nothing too complicated needed to make these! Here’s what you’ll need from the kitchen.
- Mixing bowl, spoons, knife, cutting board, baking sheet.
- A zester or microplane, something like this hand zester will work or this microplane. I use a hand zester to grate my garlic.
- Baking rack, something like these baking racks are what I use. This is technically optional. I like to cook my meatballs elevated on the baking sheet, but if you don’t have baking racks you can skip this!
- Foil to line the baking sheet.
- A blender or blending device to make the cucumber sauce.
- A strainer.
- A box grater to grate the cucumber.
Onto the time.
Prep time is about 15 minutes. You’ll be pre-heating the oven, zesting the lemon, grating the garlic, and grating the cucumber.
Cook time is 30 minutes. While the meatballs are baking you’ll finish up the cucumber yogurt sauce so when the meatballs are done it’s time to eat!
- Letting the cucumber sit in the strainer with salt will help the yogurt sauce not be so runny.
- You can serve these with mashed potatoes, rice, or even in a pita like a wrap!
- I recommend baking meatballs on a baking rack so they’re slightly raised off the baking sheet. It helps keep the meatballs from getting soggy.
- You can save the leftovers in an air tight container to enjoy the leftovers! Personally, I like to eat leftovers within 3 days.
If you like cooking with ground chicken check out some of these recipes!
Lebanese Chicken Kafta Burgers
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Greek Chicken Meatballs
Greek Chicken Meatballs are a light meatball seasoned with lemon zest, garlic, feta cheese, and oregano. Served in a refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce, these are great as dinner or even as a party appetizer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 19-20 meatballs
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Greek
For the chicken meatballs
1 pound ground chicken
3 garlic cloves, grated
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
For the Cucumber Sauce
2 5.3 oz containers plain Greek yogurt
1 medium cucumber
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons fresh dill
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top, spray the baking rack with cooking spray so the meatballs don’t stick. Prep the cucumber by peeling it, removing the seeds, then grating it on the box grater. Place the shredded cucumber in a strainer in the sink and sprinkle with a little salt. Let this rest for 20 minutes.
2. While the cucumber is resting, begin to make the meatballs. In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, grated garlic, egg, Panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, feta cheese, and lemon zest. Form into meatballs, about the size of a golf ball, place on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
3. After the cucumber has rested 20 minutes, squeeze as much of the water out as you can, then place into your blender or blending device. Add the yogurts, garlic cloves, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon zest, and dill. Blend until smooth.
To serve, sprinkle the meatballs with more crumbled feta cheese and the cucumber yogurt dipping sauce and enjoy!
Keywords: Greek chicken meatballs
Leave a Reply