Chicken Parm Meatballs are the easiest way to enjoy the flavors of Chicken Parm! Only use one baking dish, and in about 35 minutes you’ve got chicken meatballs smothered in cheese and tomato sauce with only one pan to clean up! Serve these with pasta, or on bread for a chicken Parm meatball sub!
Recipe at a Glance
Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cook time: 34-35 minutes
Notes: Go for a high quality pasta sauce, it’s a main ingredient so you want the flavor to be the best it can be!
The Trick to Moist Meatballs
No one likes a dry meatball. So how to you help keep them moist and tender? It might be surprising, but it’s one secret ingredient that you have right now. You can this in full supply, and it doesn’t expire.
Yupp! Adding 1/4 cup of water to the meat will help keep them moist and totally not dry. I love this since I never run out of this. Don’t you hate when you’re cooking your way through a recipe and you realize you’re out of the important ingredient? That won’t happen here! Just go to your faucet, get your water and mix it into the meatball blend.
What to serve with the meatballs
Think of these meatballs the same what you’d serve Chicken Parm! These really are Chicken Parm in a meatball form. Here are some ideas of what to serve these with:
- Pasta, any kind! A side of angel hair, spaghetti, penne, even orzo would work.
- Make a chicken parm meatball sub by putting these on a roll, add an extra slice of Mozzarella or Provolone cheese.
- Add these to soup! You can add these to minestrone or lasagna soup.
- Adding the water to the ground chicken mixture makes sure the meatballs stay moist, but it also means the mix might be more wet than you’re used to. If you feel it’s too wet, add more breadcrumbs a little at a time until it’s easier for you to work with.
- When the meatballs are under the broiler, watch them closely! Things can burn very quickly under a broiler. 4 minutes was perfect for my oven.
- Use a high quality pasta sauce for this. It’s a main ingredient and you really need that flavors to be the best they can be.
If you like chicken meatball recipes you’re going to love my Chicken Piccata Meatballs!Print
Chicken Parm Meatballs
Wan the easiest way to enjoy the flavors of chicken Parm? Chicken Parm Meatballs bake in a pan with the tomato sauce, then cover with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and broil until browned. Serve with pasta or on a roll for a chicken parm sub!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 20 meatballs
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 and 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 jar of good pasta sauce
Extra Parmesan cheese for sprinkling over the top
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well to combine.
3. Take your baking dish, and pour in the jar of pasta sauce. Then, take the ground chicken mixture and form them into meatballs, I was able to make 20 meatballs. Place all the meatballs into the pasta sauce baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Once it’s done baking, remove from the oven. Cover the top with the Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some more Parmesan cheese overtop. Place under the broiler for 4 minutes until it’s browned and bubbly. Always watch food under the broiler very closely! Things can burn quickly. Serve with pasta or on bread for a chicken parm sub!
You really should use high quality pasta sauce for this. The sauce is a main ingredient, and you want to make sure you’re getting the best flavors to complement your homemade Chicken Parm Meatballs!
Keywords: Chicken Parm Meatballs