Hot taco dip is a fun appetizer with all the flavors of a taco! A taco seasoned blend of cream cheese and sour cream, topped with taco seasoned ground beef, Cheddar and Pepper Jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onions! A filling and hearty dip that will be a hit at any party!
Types of Taco Dip
All taco dips are not created equal!
First, you can choose one that has meat and one that doesn’t. Next, you’ve got to choose whether you want a hot or cold dip! So as you can see from the picture, I wanted to create a recipe for a taco dip with meat, and make it hot! To me, this truly is a taco in a dip!
It’s got all the basic taco ingredients:
- Ground Beef
- Sour Cream
- Lettuce, tomato, onions
- Black Beans
Want to make this over the top? Go ahead and add some sliced avocado for a beautiful presentation or some chopped cilantro.
If you don’t know me, you can read a little bit more about me by clicking here, but I used to be an event planner. And one of the tasks involved in event planning is making sure you’ve got an awesome balanced menu. So when it comes to party planning and planning the menu for a get together I’ve got several years of experience under my belt.
Menu Planning Tips
- Have a nice blend of hot and cold appetizers. You don’t want to have all hot appetizers or all cold. And, by not having all hot apps it will make it easier on you, and your oven! One of my favorite cold appetizers are these Cucumber Green Goddess Wraps. I swear these go so fast at our parties!
- Make sure all the food is easy to eat or have toothpicks available, for example if you made these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs have a little bowl of toothpicks next to the serving plate.
- Next, always have a good dip! I’m a huge fan of a dip. You’ve got this hot taco dip here, or you might like this Whipped Feta which is another crowd pleaser.
- My last easy party planning tip…put the bar where you want people to gather! Do you want people on your patio? Put the drinks there! Want them to stay in a main living room? Setup there bar there.
Do you have any party planning tips? Let me know in the comments!Print
Hot Taco Dip
Hot taco dip with ground beef is taco in a dip! A blend of taco seasoned cream cheese blend, taco meat, cheeses and taco toppings, this hot and cheesy dip will be a great additional to a party!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 taco dip
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
1 lb ground beef
10oz can of black beans, drained
8oz softened cream cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
2 packets of taco seasoning (you’ll use one packet for the ground beef and 1 tablespoon from the second packet for the cream cheese)
3/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Chopped lettuce, diced onions, diced tomatoes for topping
1. Heat a medium pan over medium heat and add the ground beef, cook until browned then drain the excess oil and return the meat to the pan. Season with the packet of taco seasoning according to package directions. Then, pour in the drained beans and stir so they are evenly dispersed through the taco meat.
2. While the meat is cooking, take a medium bowl and add the softened cream cheese and the sour cream. Stir until they are smooth and combined, then add 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and mix so it’s evenly incorporated. Pour this cream cheese blend into the bottom of an oven safe baking dish.
3. When the taco meat is cooked and seasoned and the beans have been added, add it on top of the cream cheese blend in the baking dish. Then top with the shredded cheeses. Place under the broiler for approximately 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to get browned and bubbly. Remove from the broiler and top with the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Serve immediately!
Make sure you don’t use more than 1 lb of ground beef. Using too much meat will mean there won’t be enough taco seasoning to properly season the meat.
Keywords: hot taco dip