These chicken burrito bowls are an easy dinner that’s loaded with flavors and all your favorite burrito or taco toppings! While the ground chicken is cooking, prep the add-in ingredients then just assemble your burrito bowl and you’re ready for dinner.
I love making a burrito bowl for dinner because it’s really up to you how you want to create your bowl and what you want to add in!
Here’s what I added in mine on top of the chicken and rice:
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced red onions
- Pan-roasted corn and black beans
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Chipotle sour cream sauce
- Queso fresco
If you want an easy but super flavorful dinner, make it a chicken burrito bowl night.
Need some more ideas for easy dinner recipes this week? Here are some more of my favorites that make dinner time a breeze!
Chicken Parm Meatballs is one of the most popular dinner recipes here on the blog. Make it once and you’ll see why it’s a reader favorite!
Make it an easy baked pasta night with Baked Penne Vodka. A fun alternative to baked ziti!
- While the corn and black beans are roasting in the pan, use that time to chop and dice your burrito bowl toppings.
- I like my burrito with Jasmine rice. You can also serve with brown rice or even quinoa.
- For the chipotle sauce, these are the chipotle peppers I buy. I find these in my grocery store near the Mexican items, usually on a top shelf. I always keep a can of these in my pantry!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for a few days. I like to store the rice, chicken and corn in one container, and then any extra toppings will go in another container.
Just set out the bowls and platters of all the add-ins and let everyone assemble their own bowl! This would be a great idea for a party to have a bit table of a make your own burrito bowl!
If you made this recipe let me know what you thought in the comments!
And if you want more food photos, cooking tips, and recipe ideas follow me on Instagram!Print
Chicken Burrito Bowls
Perfect for a family dinner, or for serving a crowd! Chicken Burrito Bowls can be loaded with all your favorite burrito fixings, then top with a spicy chipotle sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
1lb ground chicken
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cup corn (cooked frozen, fresh, or drained canned)
1 cup black beans, drained
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
Salt and pepper
Burrito Bowl additions
Diced red onions
Crushed tortilla chips
Cooked Jasmine rice
For the Chipotle Sauce
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1-2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce (depending on how spicy you want it!)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 lime wedge
1. Start by pan roasting the corn and beans. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large pan and melt over medium heat then add the corn and black beans, season with the garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook on medium high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally…you want the corn to get a little browned! In the last minute or 2 of cooking, add in the grated garlic. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, dice and chop any of the burrito bowl add ins!
2. In a large pan, add the ground chicken and cook until cooked through, breaking up the chicken with a spatula. It took about 7 minutes for my ground chicken to be cooked through. Then, add in the taco packet and water as called for on the packet and cook until all the chicken is coated in the taco sauce.
3. To make the chipotle sauce blend 1 – 2 of the chipotle peppers with 1 – 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, 1/3 cup of sour cream, squeezed juice from one lime wedge, and a dash of salt. I recommend starting out less spicy, then adding in more of the sauce or an additional pepper if needed. This packs a lot of heat very quickly!
4. You’re ready at assemble! Add your rice to a bowl, then add some chicken, the corn and beans mixture, then all your burrito bowl fixings like lettuce, tomatoes, queso freso, red onions, and crushed tortilla chips. Lastly, drizzle overtop the chipotle sauce.
Use the time that the corn, beans, and chicken cook to dice and chop the burrito bowl ingredients.
Keywords: chicken burrito bowls