You probably call it an avocado, but did you know they’re also called butter fruit? Yes! Avocado and butter fruit are the same thing.
If you’re familiar with avocados it’s probably no surprise why they’re called a butter fruit. That smooth, and creamy texture of the inner fruit really is like a butter consistency! And, it’s packed with the healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
With all the health benefits the butter fruit avocado provides, you may be wanting to find some new and inspired recipes to incorporate them more in your diet!
Here I have for you a collection of over 30 avocado recipes from dinner ideas, to dips, to snacks and desserts!
Which will you make first?
Dinner and Lunch Recipes
I wanted to start with dinner recipes! I think when it comes to avocados many of us probably think of guacamole first or just slicing it and adding it to a sandwich. These recipes use avocados in creative ways you might not have thought of! Add some green to your lunch or dinner with these recipes.
- This is the best vegan grilled cheese recipe! This delicious sandwich is loaded with creamy avocado, tender zucchini, tomatoes, fresh spinach, vegan cheese, a flavorful pesto spread and then it’s pressed to crispy perfection! From Stacy Homemaker.
- Tuna salad stuffed avocado is a quick, easy, and delicious healthy meal. From Fearless Dining.
- Healthy Vegetarian Quesadillas are perfect for lunch, dinner or an appetizer. Filled with black beans, sweet potato, avocado, and peppers, these are filling and good for you. From Erhardts Eat.
- These Easy Buddha Bowls are tasty and nutritious. Featuring delicious haloumi and a creamy avocado dressing. Yum! From Your Ultimate Menu.
- Make this amazing Indian style Avocado Chutney Sandwich and satisfy those morning hunger pangs in a healthy way. You will love the taste of fresh mint cilantro chutney, and the creamy smooth avocado slices in every single bite! From Piping Pot Curry.
- These super-fast Asian Salmon Burgers are absolutely bursting with fantastic Asian flavors, and so satisfyingly delicious with hoisin sauce and creamy avocado! They’re the perfect make-ahead dinner for busy nights, and because they don’t have bread crumbs as a filler, they’re a terrific gluten-free option, too! From Two Healthy Kitchens.
- Enjoy this easy Basil Pesto Pasta with Spinach and Avocado in less than 20 minutes! It’s a flavorful and healthy dish to make again and again! A great vegetarian option. From Suburban Simplicity.
Dips, Guacamole, and Hummus Recipes
Let’s get to the bread and butter fruit of avocado recipes (see what I did there?) Avocados are great in dips, they’re creamy texture makes it the perfect companion to a chip or cracker! Here we have recipes for whipped dips, guac, even hummus!
- This Whipped Avocado is a fun new creamy dip! Blend avocados until super smooth, with sour cream, lime juice, salt and pepper. Just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes. Would be a hit at any party! From A Seasoned Greeting.
- Homemade guacamole is super easy to make: just mix everything together and in 5 minutes you’ll have a tasty and healthy dip! From Milk and Pop.
- Creamy avocado hummus made in just 5 minutes! Think when guacamole meets hummus, you get the creamiest and most delicious avocado hummus dip. From Little Sunny Kitchen.
- If hummus and guacamole mated, you would have this Lemon Avocado Hummus. It makes a great summer snack with veggies and crackers or chips! From Fannetastic Food.
Snacks and Small Bites
I’m loving these ideas here. Snacks are my thing, I could eat a whole dinner of just snacks and apps so this is right up my alley! Avocado fries?! Yes please!
- Crispy Air Fryer Avocado Fries with a cool Cilantro Chive Dipping Sauce makes a great appetizer. Creamy and crispy, they cook up to perfection in your Air Fryer. From This Old Gal.
- These Avocado Deviled Eggs are so healthy, delicious, and are a perfect appetizer to serve! These deviled eggs have no mayo, avocado makes them creamy and delicious. From Tasty Galaxy.
- These delicious air fryer avocado fries are crispy on the outside and fresh on the inside. Pair it with a sriracha ranch for a perfect pairing. From Everyday Family Cooking.
- These crispy avocado fries are gluten-free and low carb. When fired in the air fryer they are juicy on the inside and have a crispy crunch on the outside. From Keto Focus.
Salad Dressings and Cremas
Check out these delicious recipes for salad dressings! Add some more green to greens with an avocado infused dressing or crema.
- This creamy and flavorful avocado cilantro dressing to great to drizzle over roasted veggies, pasta salads, or rice bowls. It uses very simple ingredients and it’s ready in just 5 minutes! From Nourishing Plate.
- An easy avocado lime crema recipe that takes 5 minutes to make. It’s perfect for tacos, burritos, chips, and more! From Everyday Family Cooking.
- This delicious take on the classic Green Goddess dressing uses ripe avocados to achieve its emerald hue. From A Taste for Travel.
Breakfast and Muffin Recipes
Let’s talk breakfast. I’ll admit, I slack at breakfast. I’m in a rush to get my little one her milk and food and my main goal is to get a cup of coffee brewing as fast as I can. Food? Sometimes I skip it. I know it’s bad! But with these recipes breakfast can be a priority like it should!
- Make an extraordinary Keto breakfast by combining breakfast favorites to make delicious baked avocado egg boats. From Keto Basic AF.
- Introducing to one of the most delicious healthy Mango Avocado smoothies to make in your blender. Loaded with a thick avocado smoothie base, followed by an icy mango topping, this is perfect for babies, toddlers and adults alike. Not only that, but our mango avocado smoothie is vegan, and paleo approved too. From Recipe This.
- Stop spending your precious money and time by waiting in the long line to make an order for boba tea in the food court Mall. And make this avocado bubble tea effortlessly at home. From Pepper Bowl.
- For a healthy snack that kids will love, try these avocado banana muffins with carrot and oats! Naturally sweetened, ABC muffins are nut free, refined sugar free and packed with healthy ingredients. From The Cooking Collective.
Did you know avocado is amazing in desserts, even in chocolate? It’s makes it so creamy without adding any flavor that would make you think there’s avocado in there. Give these a try and see if anyone can guess the secret ingredient!
- Chocolate avocado mousse is thick and creamy and full of decadent chocolate! One of the easiest dessert recipes you will ever make. Place everything in a food processor, turn it on, wait a minute and voila! Healthy chocolate mousse! From Love Chef Laura.
- Vietnamese Avocado Mousse Ice Cream (Kem Bo) is a rich and creamy dessert which is super easy to put together. From Delightful Plate.
- This vegan chocolate avocado pudding is refined sugar free and easy to make. You’d never guess that there’s avocado blended into this delicious healthy dessert. From A Sweet Alternative.
- These healthy, nutritious and super moist avocado brownies are made with avocado instead of butter or oil and taste just like your regular traditional brownies! From Recipe Aroma.
- California has some of the best avocado growers in the world, so what better way to kick of summer, than with this Homemade Avocado Ice Cream recipe? From This Old Gal.
- Rich and velvety smooth, this whipped avocado chocolate mousse is quick and easy to make, but tastes so indulgent yet healthy! Plus, irresistible topping ideas included. From Sweet and Savory by Shinee.
- This super quick and easy Vegan Avocado and Chocolate Mousse is a super addictive and decadent healthy dessert. Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Refined-Sugar Free, Gluten-Free and Soy Free, this chocolate mousse still tastes absolutely delicious! From A Baking Journey.
So there you have it! 31 recipes that use the gorgeous avocado butter fruit in a variety of ways! You’ve got breakfast, snacks, dinners and even dessert ideas. Add some rich and creamy texture to your recipes and also add all the wonderful health benefits the avocado provides.
Did you make any of these? Let me know in the comments.
Follow me on Instagram at ASeasonedGreeting for more food photos, behind the scenes of my photography, and cooking tips and tricks!