Mini Irish Soda Breads are an adorable version of Irish Soda Bread! An easy no yeast bread recipe with baking soda as the leavening ingredient. Make 4 individual mini loaves perfect for families or parties!
4 cups all purpose flour
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 and 3/4 cups cold buttermilk, shaken
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup raisins mixed with 1 tablespoon flour
1. Heat oven to 375. Lightly spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to mix into the dry ingredients.
3. Lightly beat the egg into the buttermilk and pour into flour mixture and gently stir to begin incorporating everything together. Pour in the raisins, and stir to combine into the dough.
4. Flour your counter-top and your hands. Dump the dough on the flour and lightly knead a few times until you get a round loaf. It will be very sticky at first so make sure you have enough flour so it doesn’t stick to your hands.
5. Divide the large loaf into 4 equal portions to create your 4 mini loaves. Place the loaf onto a large baking sheet and cut an ‘X’ into the top of each loaf with a serrated knife. Bake for 28 – 30 minutes, until the loaves are browned on the top and a knife comes out clean.
Keywords: mini Irish soda bread
Find it online: https://aseasonedgreeting.com/2023/03/12/mini-irish-soda-bread/