That warm and sweet flavor of cinnamon raisin bread in a scone! Cinnamon raisin scones are loaded with ground cinnamon, sweet raisins, then topped with a cinnamon almond glaze. These would be a delicious treat with morning coffee, or add them to your next brunch menu!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup white sugar
8 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the cubed butter. Last, pour in the raisins and stir so they’re incorporated evenly throughout the dry mix.
3. In a small bowl, gently combine the egg and sour cream.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to form the dough. If too dry and there’s too much dry ingredients that won’t work into the dough ball add an additional tablespoon of sour cream. Use your hands to fully incorporate everything together.
5. On a lightly floured surface press and gently knead the scone dough until you form an even flat disc about 7″ wide. Slice into 8 triangle scones.
6. Bake for 15-16 minutes.
7. While the scones are baking, combine all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
8. Allow the scones to full cool before drizzling with the spiced glaze.
Don’t add more than the recommended amount of sour cream since it could make the dough too wet and sticky.
Keywords: cinnamon raisin scones