A savory scone with a delicious flavor combination of sharp Cheddar cheese and warm jalapeño peppers. Serve these with some honey butter for the perfect bite!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 and and 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup finely diced jalapeños, seeds removed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
8 tablespoons butter, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 400. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine the dry ingredients. Add in the diced butter, and using a pastry cutter cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a course meal.
2. Pour in the cheese and jalapeños and stir to evenly mix them throughout.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and the egg then pour into the dry ingredients bowl and stir to combine. The dough will still be course and not a wet batter. Flour your hands, and use your hands to work the dough together to form a ball, making sure to continually to incorporate the dry ingredients into the dough ball.
4. Place this scone dough ball on a lightly floured counter top and lightly knead to form a circle about 7″ wide. Use a pizza cutter to slice 8 scones.
5. Bake for 16-17 minutes. Drizzle with honey or serve with honey butter.
Keywords: jalapeño Cheddar scones