Pumpkin blueberry muffins are a warm and spiced muffin with fresh bursts of blueberry. Enjoy these in any season for that irresistible pumpkin spice flavor.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
15 ounce can of pure pumpkin
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons molasses
1 and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the muffin tin by either using muffin liners or spraying generously with cooking spray. Even if you’re using liners I like to spray the top of the pan with cooking spray to prevent the muffin tops from sticking.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, white sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. In another bowl, add the pumpkin and gently stir in the eggs. Next add the brown sugar, vegetable oil, and molasses.
4. Pour the wet pumpkin batter into the dry ingredients and stir gently a few times to blend together. Last, add the blueberries and stir a few more times to evenly blend them throughout the batter. Try not to overmix.
5. Add the batter to the muffin pan, filling each holder to the top. Bake for 27 – 30 minutes.
Allow to cool 10 minutes then enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin blueberry muffins