BBQ Chicken Burgers are loaded with seasonings and BBQ sauce for a flavorful chicken burger. Top with Gouda cheese, red onions, and crisp lettuce for the perfect bite!
1 pound ground chicken
3 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
5 tablespoons BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Burger buns, sliced red onion, butter lettuce
1. To make the spice mix combine the garlic powder, smoked paprika, chicken bouillon, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Add the pound of ground chicken to a larger bowl, then add the spice mix and hand mix into the chicken.
2. In another small bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the seasoned ground chicken and mix to combine.
3. Crack the egg into a small bowl and pour most of it into the chicken mixture. I usually only add the yolk and about 3/4 of the egg white. Lastly, add the breadcrumbs and use your hands to combine everything together. It will be a wet mixture, but shouldn’t be so sticky that you can’t manage it. Form into 4 round burger patties.
4. To a large fry pan, add about 1 tablespoon of oil and heat over medium heat. Add the burger patties, pressing down slightly in the center of each patty so the center doesn’t puff up while it’s cooking. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip the burgers and press down slightly on them with a spatula. Pour some additional BBQ sauce onto the burgers allowing some to fall into the pan and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
5. During the last minute and a half of cooking, add slices of Gouda to each burger, then cover your pan with the lid or a sheet of tin foil to allow the cheese to melt. The burgers are done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
To serve, top the burgers with slices of red onion and lettuce. Dip in more BBQ sauce, ranch, or both!
Keywords: BBQ Chicken Burger