A fun spin a a classic grilled cheese. Provolone and Asiago cheeses combine with crispy prosciutto to make and epic Italian grilled cheese!
4 slices of Sourdough bread
3-4 tablespoons salted butter
2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
3 ounce package of sliced prosciutto
6 slices provolone cheese
6-8 slices of Asiago cheese (Cut from the triangle block of cheese. If you can find pre-sliced Asiago then use one large slice per sandwich)
Salt and garlic powder for seasoning
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, then add a baking rack. Add the prosciutto to the baking rack in a single layer, then bake for 10 – 12 minutes until crispy. Remove from the oven and carefully blot with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Set side until you’re ready to add this to the grilled cheese.
2. Make the basil butter by mixing the softened butter with the chopped basil.
3. Heat a large frying over medium heat. To make one sandwich, take two slices of the bread and spread some of the basil butter on one side, season with salt and garlic powder. Add buttered side down into the pan, then spread more basil butter on the face-up side. Season again with salt and garlic powder.
4. When the bread has browned, flip to toast the other side. On one side add 2 slices of provolone, as much Asiago as you’d like, 2 slices of the crispy prosciutto, and then lastly one more slice of provolone.
5. Combine the two bread slices together to form the grilled cheese, then continue to toast until the bread is browned and the cheeses are melty.
6. Serve with warmed marinara and enjoy!
Keywords: Italian grilled cheese