A rich and decadent muffin perfectly paired with a cup of coffee! The best way to sneak come chocolate into breakfast.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup special dark cocoa powder
4 tablespoons espresso powder mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 and 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup + 4 tablespoons chocolate milk
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate morsels
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your muffin tin by adding the liners, or spraying it with cooking spray really well. If using muffin tins make sure to spray the top of the pan a bit so the muffin tops don’t stick to the pan.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
3. In another bowl, add the sour cream and gently beat in the eggs. Next add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Lastly gently mix in the oil, vanilla, espresso, melted butter, and chocolate milk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Stir gently and fold the ingredients together so you don’t over mix. As you’re mixing add in the dark chocolate morsels.
5. Fill each muffin holder to the top (I like a full muffin with a nice muffin top) then bake for 25-27 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
Keywords: chocolate espresso muffins