No bake chocolate cheesecake is an easy and rich dessert recipe. The Oreo cookie crust has a bit of espresso powder for a deliciously crunchy crust. A perfect dessert when you want chocolate but don’t want to bake!
For the Cookie Crust
1 package Oreo cookies (14.3oz package)
8 ounces salted butter, melted
2 teaspoons espresso powder
For the Cheesecake
2 8oz packages of regular cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
7 oz dark chocolate (I used two 3.5oz bars of Lindt 78% chocolate)
2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Start by making your crust. Melt the 8 ounces of butter, and pulse the cookies in a food processor until they are a fine powder. In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies, the melted butter and the 2 teaspoons of espresso powder. Stir until all the cookie crumbs have been incorporated into the crust batter. Take your 9″ spring form pan and spray it with cooking spray. Start making your crust by spreading some of the cookie mixture into the bottom and pressing firm so it becomes compact and smooth. once you’ve form the entire bottom, add more crust crumbs around the entire edge and start pressing it up to form the high crust wall. You should use all the the cookie crust mixture. Place in the fridge while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
2. Now, make the whipped cream. Pour the 1 cup of heavy cream into your mixing bowl and either with a stand mixer or handheld, beat on high for approximately 1 minute and 15 seconds until a firm whipped cream has formed. Place aside.
3. Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate, then pour into a bowl to slightly cool.
4. In your standing mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the white sugar, the sifted powdered sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Beat until combined. Next, pour in the melted chocolate and stir with a spoon to blend into the cream cheese batter. Lastly, fold in the whipped cream until it has completely blended in. You don’t want to see any white, the batter should be completely dark chocolate.
5. Remove the crust from the fridge. Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust and smooth so the top of the cheesecake is as smooth as you can get it. Chill for 5 hours. Serve with more whipped cream or caramel sauce!
Use regular full fat cheesecake, this isn’t something you can use reduced calorie cream cheese in. It won’t produce the same consistency!
Keywords: no bake chocolate cheesecake