A cheesy twice baked potato filled with roasted broccoli, red and orange bell peppers, and corn. A colorful way to incorporate veggies into dinner!
4 Idaho potatoes
1 and 1/2 cups grated white Cheddar cheese
2 ounces butter
3 ounces cream cheese
3 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup milk or light cream
1 large head of broccoli
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 orange bell pepper
1/2 cup corn (could be cooked frozen corn, canned, or fresh)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Gently wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes to clean them. Prick each potato several times with a fork, then microwave for 13 – 14 minutes. Make sure to remember to prick holes in the potato to allow the steam out!! If a knife can be inserted easily they’re done!
2. While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Chop the broccoli, removing most of the stalk, and dice both of the halves of bell peppers. Pour into a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
3. To a large bowl add the butter and the cream cheese. When the potatoes are done carefully remove them from the microwave. Carefully slice them open length-wise and cut all along the perimeter leave a little bit of potato along the edge. Scoop out the interior potato and add it to the bowl with the butter and the cream cheese. Repeat until all potatoes have been scooped, you should have 8 empty potato skins. It’s ok if the skin breaks on some, they don’t have to be perfect! See above in the post for instructions on how to cut and scoop the potatoes.
4. Mash the potatoes a bit, add the sour cream and pour in the milk and continue to mash. Season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Mash these to the texture you want, I like my twice baked potatoes to be a bit chunkier than mashed potatoes, but if you want totally smooth keep mashing until all the lumps are gone! Mix in 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese, and lastly add in all the roasted veggies and the corn and gently stir until everything is blended.
5. Fill the potato shells with this mixture, top each potato with a little more Cheddar cheese, and sprinkle each with some smoked paprika. Bake for 15 minutes, then place under the broiler for a 1-3 minutes until the cheese gets browned.
Serve with sour cream, ketchup, or ranch!
Keywords: veggie twice baked poatoes