Pizza topped with vodka sauce, ricotta, and crispy prosciutto. Your pizza night is about to get a serious upgrade!
1 fresh pizza dough
4 oz sliced prosciutto (8 slices)
1 and 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
1/2 cup ricotta
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
3/4 cup half & half or light cream
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons vodka
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, top with a baking rack and lightly spray it with cooking spray. Add the sliced prosciutto and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil. Once cooled, crumble into pieces.
2. After the prosciutto has baked, increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees. Prepare your pizza pan by lightly spraying with cooking spray, and add your pizza dough. Prebake the dough for 8 minutes.
3. While the prosciutto and dough are baking, start making your vodka sauce. In a medium pan, melt the butter then add the grated garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the flour and whisk until combined, cook about 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and stir to incorporate with the flour…cook another minute. Add the half & half or cream and gently whisk to blend the tomato paste into the cream. Then, add the vodka and basil. Bring to light boil, then reduce heat and add the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer for a few minutes until the pizza dough is done prebaking.
4. Assemble the pizza by topping the dough with the sauce, leaving an edge for the crust, then topping with the Mozzarella, dollop the ricotta over top, add the crumbled prosciutto, then brush the exposed crust with the olive oil. Sprinkle the whole pizza with extra Parmesan cheese if you want.
5. Bake the pizza for 12 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly. Allow to cool a little before slicing and serving.
Keywords: vodka sauce pizza