Make your next pizza night extra special with this Goat Cheese and Onion Pizza! A gourmet style pizza top with a raspberry balsamic vinegar and fresh arugula.
1 fresh pizza dough, the dough I used was a 15oz ball
1 large white onion, sliced thin
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus a little more to brush the crust
8oz package of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
1. Heat oven to 425. Place pizza dough on a floured surface and gently press out to the shape of the circle, the size of your pizza pan. See post above for tips on how to work with pizza dough. Bake for 8 minutes.
2. In a small pan or pot, add the balsamic vinegar, the raspberries, sugar, the corn starch mixed with water, and a dash of salt. Mash the raspberries in the pot or pan to help them breakdown. Heat to a boil then reduce to low to simmer, about 8 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and strain into a bowl to remove the seeds, so you’re left with a smooth seedless raspberry balsamic glaze.
3. In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and add the sliced onions. Cook until dark browned and lightly crispy. If onions are sticking to the pan, add a drizzle of oil and adjust the heat to medium if needed. Cook about 10-15 minutes, don’t over stir. You want the onions to sit on the heat to get browned before stirring them around too much.
4. Top the pre-baked pizza crust with the shredded Mozzarella cheese, making sure to leave an edge for the crust. Next add the goat cheese, then lastly spread the cooked onions over top. Brush the crust edge with olive oil, and sprinkle with a little salt and I like a little garlic powder too. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is dark browned and bubbly.
5. Garnish the baked pizza by drizzling the raspberry balsamic and arugula.
If the raspberry balsamic is staying to thin and watery, add an additional mixture of 1 teaspoon corn starch and 1 teaspoon water to help thicken it up.
Keywords: goat cheese and onion pizza