Buffalo chicken taquitos are a spicy and crispy snack! Made with hot sauce, ranch, and blue cheese then baked until crispy. Serve with a blue cheese dipping sauce or more ranch.
1 pound ground chicken
3 scallions, diced (the green and the white part)
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Salt and fresh cracked pepper
15-17 flour tortillas
For the Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup half & half
3 teaspoons all purpose flour
4 teaspoons lemon juice
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. In a medium pan over medium heat, add your ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and fully cooked. Use your spatula or large spoon to continuously breaking up the ground chicken into crumbles. If there is excess oil or water, drain so this doesn’t make the taquito filling too wet.
2. In a large bowl, add the softened cream cheese, diced scallions, and crumbled blue cheese and stir to combine. Add in the cooked ground chicken and stir, then lastly add in the hot sauce, ranch, garlic powder, and Mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you want it even spicier, add more hot sauce.
3. Make the taquitos by laying your flour tortillas flat and adding a few tablespoons of the Buffalo chicken mixture inside. Roll the tortilla close then place seam side down on your baking sheet. See photos above. Repeat until you’ve used all the Buffalo chicken mixture. Make sure the taquitos are not touching on the baking sheet and have room between them. If they are too close the sides won’t get as crispy as the tops.
4. Brush the taquitos with a little olive oil making sure to get the tops as well as the sides. Sprinkle with a little salt, garlic powder, and paprika then bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
5. Make the blue cheese sauce while the taquitos are baking. In a medium pot over medium heat, add the half & half and heat until you see a little steam coming off the cream. It doesn’t need to be bubbling, you just want it hot enough to melt the cheese. Whisk in the flour, then add the blue cheese and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving bowl and dip your taquitos!
Make sure the taquitos are not touching on the baking sheet so they get crispy all the way around.
If some of the Buffalo chicken mixture spills out during baking, just use a spoon or fork and spoon it back into the taquito before serving.
Keywords: buffalo chicken taquitos