Chicken fajita pasta combines all the savory flavors of fajitas in a cheesy pasta! Loaded with chicken, corn, beans, onions, and a homemade enchilada sauce. Baked cheesy and delicious!
2 and 1/2 cups penne pasta
1 and 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2oz cream cheese
1 orange pepper, diced
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup canned corn, drained
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
3 tablespoons fajita seasoning
3 oz tomato paste
1 and 1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
Sour cream for garnishing
1. Bring a salted pot of water to boil and cook the penne pasta according to box instructions.
2. While the pasta water is coming to a boil, shred the chicken, dice the onions and pepper, grate the cheese.
3. In a pan over medium heat, heat the extra virgin olive oil and add the orange pepper and red onion and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the cream cheese to the pan and stir to melt, then add the tomato paste and fajita seasoning and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth, stirring to make the creamy sauce. Add the garlic powder, chili powder, corn, black beans, and chicken. Bring to a light boil to thicken, then reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
5. To a casserole dish, add your pasta, then cover with the sauce and stir until all the noodles are coated. Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese and broil on high for about 3 and 1/2 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve with sour cream and top with more diced red onions for crunch!
You can use a red pepper in place of an orange pepper.
Keywords: chicken fajita pasta