These are the perfect bite sized appetizer for any party. Smooth and creamy Brie cheese combines with homemade raspberry spread and savory crunchy bacon. Impress your guests with these little cuties!
8oz wheel of Brie cheese
2 boxes of 15 count phyllo cups
5-6 slices of bacon
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons corn starch
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1. Freeze the Brie cheese for one hour to make it easier to dice.
2. When the freeze time for the Brie is almost up, place the 30 phyllo cups on a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cook the bacon strips in a large frying pan, I like crispy bacon which takes about 10 minutes for me. Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, remove and place on a paper towel lined plate and dab with a paper towel to remove excess grease. Once bacon is cooled to the touch, crumble into small pieces.
4. To make the raspberry preserve spread, place the 1 cup of raspberries into a small pot over medium-low heat and mash with a fork. Add the water and the white sugar and continue to mash until the raspberries have broken down completely. Stir in the corn starch, brown sugar, and vinegar and cook for about 2 minutes, then pour into a bowl to let cool.
5. To prepare the Brie cheese, remove from packaging and slice off the rind. Dice the wedge into small squares that can git into the phyllo cups. Place one cheese square into each phyllo cup, you should have some cheese squares leftover. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and fill any cup that looks low with another small square of cheese. Top with the raspberry preserves and crumbled bacon. Bake another 10 minutes.
The Brie cheese needs to freeze for an hour before making this. If you don’t it’s going to be pretty difficult and messy trying to dice it into the little squares that fit in the phyllo cups.
Keywords: brie bites