Chickpea and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes combine the savory flavors of curry and tahini stuffed inside a roasted sweet potato. So filling and a new take on comfort food. This dinner is gluten free and vegan, a dinner everyone can enjoy!
For the Sweet Potatoes
3 small/medium sweet potatoes
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 box frozen chopped spinach
For the Chick Peas
1 10.5oz can chick peas, drained
2 teaspoons olive oil
Dash salt and dash garlic powder
For the Almond Butter Tahini
1/4 cup almond butter
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 gloves garlic, grated
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons water
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Carefully, carefully, slice your 3 small sweet potatoes in half. Score each with a knife, I cut 3 horizontal lines and one down the center. Brush the tops of each half with some olive oil (it’s OK if you don’t use all the oil, you just want to lightly brush the tops). Sprinkle each with a few dashes of curry powder, and season with salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the chick peas, coat with the 2 teaspoons of oil and lightly season with 1-2 dashes of garlic powder and a sprinkle of salt. Place in the oven with the sweet potatoes and roast for 25 minutes.
3. Place the spinach in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 7 minutes.
4. To make the almond butter tahini, combine all ingredients in a bowl. If it’s too thick, add more water a teaspoon at a time until your consistent is able to drizzle over the potatoes.
5. When the potatoes are done roasting, remove from oven and use a fork to mash each slightly to make a space where you can spoon in the spinach. If the potatoes are too tough, keep roasting in small increments until they can easily be mashed. 30 minutes was perfect for me, but if you’re potatoes are too large they might need more time. Stuff the potatoes with as much spinach as you want, fill with chick peas, then generously cover with the tahini. Eat with rice.