This rice bowl is packed with roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli and crispy chickpeas. The almond butter tahini dressing makes this extra savory!
For the Bowls
-2 medium sweet potatoes, diced into medium sized chunks (about the the size of homefries)
-1 large head of broccoli, diced into chunks removing as much of the stem as possible
-1 15.5oz can of chick peas, drained and dried on a paper towel
-5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 teaspoon sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon curry powder
-salt, pepper, garlic powder
-Cooked brown rice or Jasmine rice
For the Almond Butter Tahini
-1/4 cup almond butter
-1 lemon, juiced
-1 tablespoon soy sauce
-3 gloves garlic, grated
-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
-3 tablespoons water
1. Drain the canned chick peas, remove any shells that are coming loose and place the chick peas on a plate lined with paper towel. Pat the tops with paper towel to remove excess moisture and let try while you prep the other veggies.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Pour into a large bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons of the EVOO and the curry powder. Pour onto a large baking sheet. Next, dice the broccoli into small pieces removing as much of the stems as possible. Pour into the large bowl, add the sea salt and 2 tablespoons EVOO. Toss to coat then pour onto the other side of the large baking sheet with the sweet potatoes. Take the dried chickpeas and pour into a bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon EVOO and season lightly with salt, pepper, and a few dashes of garlic powder. Place the chickpeas onto a separate baking sheet. (There’s so much flavor elsewhere in this dish that I keep the chick peas a little basic and using them mostly for the crunch factor).
3. Place the sweet potato/broccoli baking sheet in the oven and set the time for 30 minutes. After 5 minutes has passed, place the chick peas in the oven for the remaining 25 minutes. So basically the sweet potatoes and broccoli bake for 30 min while the chick peas bake for 25 min.
4. While everything is baking is you’re cooking rice on the stove top now’s the time to do that. As mentioned above, I use a rice cooker which I love. I love that it saves me from having to watch one more pot or stir something else. Just set the cooker and let it do it’s thing. To make the tahini sauce, juice the entire lemon into a bowl and grate the 3 cloves of garlic and also add to the bowl. Add in all remaining ingredients and whisk together. If it is too thick add another tablespoon of water. You want this to be the consistency of a dressing and not heavy or thick like peanut butter.
5. Assemble to bowls by first adding as much rice as you want, then as much veggies and chickpeas. Drizzle generously with the almond butter tahini.
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli