Sherry cream sauce is a rich and comforting sauce perfect for ravioli! This recipe blends the cream sauce with sauteed mushrooms and chopped spinach for a delicious and filling dinner.
10oz container of mushrooms like cremini, white, or baby bella (if you can’t find a 10oz just get as close as you can)
10oz bag of cheese ravioli (if you can’t find exactly 10oz just get as close as you can)
4 cloves of garlic, grated
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of cooked frozen chopped spinach
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups half and half or light cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Slice your mushrooms into thin slices. Heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a medium pan. Add the mushrooms and saute for 15-17 minutes until they are a deep rich brown color. Then, add the grated garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Spoon onto a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the frozen spinach. You’ll be using 1 cup of the cooked spinach for the sauce.
3. In a medium sauce pan, add the 1 tablespoon of butter and heat over medium heat until melted, then add the 1 tablespoon of flour and combine it into the butter. Cook for about 30 seconds then pour in the cream. Whisk so that the flour butter mixture blends into the cream. Add the 1/2 cup of cooking sherry, raise the heat to medium high and cook for 3 minutes. Lastly, add the Parmesan cheese, spinach, salt and pepper and cook on medium for about 5 minutes.
4. While the sauce is cooking, boil the ravioli according to package directions. Then, add into the cooked sauce.
5. To serve, spoon the sherry cream sauce onto a plate or in a bowl. Add as much as the mushrooms as you’d like and a little more Parmesan cheese.
Keywords: sherry cream sauce