Buffalo chicken pasta combines all the savory flavors of buffalo chicken into a spicy pasta dish. If you like buffalo chicken dip you’ll love buffalo chicken pasta!
1/2 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
2 and 1/2 cups dry mini farfalle pasta (mini bowtie)
5-6 thick bacon strips
2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 oz plain cream cheese, cut into small cubes
2 cups half & half
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Crumbled blue cheese
Extra hot sauce
1. To make the ranch seasoned toasted Panko, preheat the oven to 400. Mix 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs with 1/2 tablespoon of dry Ranch seasoning mix. Line a baking sheet with foil, then pour the seasoned breadcrumbs on top in an even layer and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes, then stir the Panko and bake for an additional minute, stir again and bake for an additional 1 minute, then finally stir one last time and bake for 20 seconds. Remove from the oven and pour into a small bowl.
2. Make the bacon by cooking in a large frying pan over medium to medium high heat for 10-12 minutes until crispy, flipping occasionally to make sure both sides are cooked and crispy. Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Once cooled, place in a resealable bag and crush to create the bacon crumbles. Pour into a small bowl and save until the pasta is done.
3. While you’re making the Panko and bacon, bring a large pot of salted water to boil then cook the mini bowtie pasta according to the package.
4. After the bacon is done, time to make the sauce. In a large pan melt the 1 tablespoon of butter of medium heat, then whisk in the 1 tablespoon of flour. Next, pour in the half & half and cook for 2-3 minutes until hot. Add the cubed cream cheese and use a whisk to blend the cream cheese until it melts into the half & half. Next, slowly add the Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and little at a time and stir until it melts into the half & half. If it’s not melting, turn up the heat to increase the heat of the half & half so the cheese melts into the sauce. Lastly, add the hot sauce and garlic powder. Simmer until the pasta is done cooking.
5. To serve, pour the cooked pasta into the sauce and stir to coat the noodles. I like to add the noodles a little at a time instead off adding them all at once. Next, stir in the crumbled cooked bacon (reserving a little to sprinkle on top) and the shredded chicken. Serve into bowls and top with the blue cheese, scallions, reserved crumbled bacon, and a few dashes of hot sauce.
Keywords: buffalo chicken pasta