Pumpkin Cream Sauce with Honey Roasted Pecans is the ultimate Fall comfort food. A warm and creamy sauce made with pumpkin, then topped with crunchy honey roasted pecans. Savory and perfect for the cooler weather.
For the Honey Roasted Pecans
1 cup pecans
1 tablespoon honey
For the Pumpkin Sauce and Pasta
4 cups dry mezze rigatoni pasta
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 shallot, finely chopped
6–7 sage leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or more if you like)
1 container burrata cheese balls
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Chop the pecans, then place in a bowl and mix with the honey and sprinkle with a dash of salt. Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stir then bake an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with another dash of salt and let cool.
3. After the pasta water is boiling, cook the mezze rigatoni and cook for 10 minutes.
4. While the pasta is cooking, in a large pan heat the butter then add the diced shallot and cook for 3 minutes. Next add the grated garlic and chopped sage and cook an additional 1 minute. Add in the pumpkin puree, the half & half, 1/2 cup water and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the Parmesan cheese, stir, and cook another 2-3 minutes. Pour the cooked rigatoni into the pumpkin sauce and stir to coat.
5. To serve, spoon a portion of the pumpkin rigatoni into a bowl, top with the honey roasted pecans, more Parmesan cheese, and one ball of burrata cheese.
Pumpkin sauce was adapted from a Plated recipe.