As I sit here the day after we were pummeled by a foot a snow I’m reminiscing about our honeymoon to Riviera Maya a few months ago. Noshing on pico de gallo poolside, sipping a stiff margarita, and soaking up entirely too much sun.
I could eat this stuff everyday. Super fresh, zesty from the lime, and just enough heat from the red onions and jalapenos. I highly recommend enjoying this with authentic Mexican tortilla chips and a stiff margarita or three.
– 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
– 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped finely
– 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped finely
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 of a large line, juiced
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic together. Add the lime juice, and salt in pepper. Stir to coat.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything