A few years ago when I was first living on my own out of college, I was looking for easy recipes that I could throw together after working all day. It was the first time that I was cooking for my husband (then my boyfriend) so I really needed things that were fool-proof. I had found an oven bbq recipe on Allrecipes.com, but when I went to site it for this post I couldn’t find it anymore. I made modications to the ingredients, like adding the BBQ sauce and adjusting the ketchup down a little. This is an excellent sauce, the sweetness of the red wine and the flavor of the beer really set it apart from any other BBQ sauce. This time I served it with my Potato Wedges, see recipe below.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a sauce pan, blend ketchup, brown sugar, beer, wine, and BBQ sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
3. Pour over chicken and bake in a baking dish for about 1 hour, or until chicken is fully cooked.
-1 Russet potato, cut into wedges
-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
-1/2 teaspoon paprika
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/4 cup ranch dressing
-1/4 cup real bacon pieces (I used Hormel real bacon pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. On a foil lined baking sheet, spray foil generously with Pam cooking spray. Lay wedges on foil and pour oil evenly over wedges. Sprinkle with garlic salt and paprika. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping once.
3. Remove from oven and top with ranch, cheese, then bacon. Broil until cheese is metled and bubbly.